i am so behind with my product reviews! lol. so let me start the day by blogging about my current favorite cheek stain: skin potions’ fruit stain.
i have discovered the organic brand Skin Potions through my equally beauty junkie friend Joanna, who also blogs about makeup and all things beautiful over at Beauty Enthusiast Cebu. i liked J’s photo on instagram and she commented that i might want to check out skin potions’ products as i may like them. true enough, when i went to their instagram account, Skin Potions Cebu, i got interested with their organic offerings. so when P gave me some extra for my toiletries, i ordered several items, including the fruit stain.
its a lip and cheek tint with a pink shade which matches any complexion. ingredients: dragonfruit, wild berries extracts and tomato extracts – from Trixie, Skin Potions Cebu seller
kaith test drives it
the timing was perfect when i purchased my skin potions fruit stain as i just used up my in2it cheek tint. for its price, i couldn’t be happier by how it’s faring so far against my morena skintone.
- it stays put the whole day. i am not pulling your leg! i apply the cheek stain at around 8:00 in the morning when i get ready for work, i don’t reapply or retouch at all, and when i get home at around 9:00 in the evening, it’s still there! i like how it gives this natural flush towards the afternoon, when it sligh…tl…y fades.
- a little amount is all you need to get the blush your face needs for that glow. i must say that the stain’s color payoff is too awesome. i just use a light hand when applying the doe applicator directly on my cheeks. the bottle has 5ml of product and seeing how i just need an eetsy-bitsy amount each time, i think i don’t have to repurchase in months!
- the doe applicator makes product dispensing easy peasy.
- i love the strawberry scent! this makes applying it each time such a treat!
- don’t panic, it’s organic! with dragonfruit, wild berries extracts and tomato extracts as ingredients, you don’t have to worry about it harming your skin. i didn’t break out at all when i started using this but again, as our skin types are different, i would still recommend testing it out if you have sensitive skin.
- it’s a steal for P180.00. yes, the whole bottle is just for one hundred eighty pesos. more expensive than my old favorite, bench, yes, but waaay less expensive than the body shop.
- you can easily remove it with a cleansing oil or makeup remover. the fruit stain’s staying power is commendable but it won’t take your arm and leg to wash it away as well.
- it dries quickly. once you swipe the doe applicator on your cheek, you have to spread it immediately. otherwise, you have to deal with the swipe marks.
- it stains your fingers. and this has always been my deal with cheek stains but i guess there’s no point in complaining? lol. i just wash my hands after applying it, no worries.
i am glad J recommended Skin Potions to me as i am currently using four of their organic products. yes, i love it that much. apart from being organic and generally safe for everyone’s use, i like how their items are not very expensive. stay tuned for my review of their other bestsellers!