gone are the days when i would slap foundation on my face every day. i think my skin has loved me more for it. it’s either a powder foundation for me or a bb cream that would at least hide marks and discolorations. i am quite happy that this year, i found another good bb cream which i can rely on when i need to put my best natural-looking face forward.
our first advanced BB, 8-in-1 benefits with ultra-covering minerals offer high yet refined coverage for a flawless bare skin look
- perfectly covers imperfections
- hides pores
- all-day wear
- blocks UV rays with SPF50 PA++++
- protects skin from pollution
- brightens skin
- smoothens skin
- evens skintone
kaith test drives it
the maybelline super bb cream caught my attention with its pretty rose gold tube. while i don’t have any bad experience with maybelline face products, i am not exactly a fan, either. still, i went ahead to check it out and the most surprising thing about it was its price – P399.00. i expected it to be at least P500 or so because of its name. i mean, a super bb cream sounds it should cost more? lol. didn’t take me too long to decide to give it a try. i figured that i can always give it to a friend in case it breaks me out or something.
i got the 01 Natural shade, which is the lighter one of the two available shades, as i am acidic.
- you gotta love how it evens out the skintone and smoothens the skin. gone are the days when i can take pride of having great skin. regular breakouts left me with dark pimple marks on my chin area. a pea-sized amount is enough to give that sheer, i-woke-up-like-this skin while you can layer more for the problem areas.
- doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, even with two layers.
- bye bye pores. don’t you love products which minimize the appearance of pores? lakas maka-flawless. lol.
- it brightens the complexion. i love this especially when i am having a bad skin day. all you need is one layer to work wonders on dull, tired skin.
- the tube packaging is perfect. it’s eye-catching, convenient, and dispenses the right amount of product.
- coverage is buildable without looking cakey. i would say though that you have to moisturize your skin well if you plan to layer this.
- it has spf50. if you work in an airconditioned office and hardly go out between 10am-2pm, this is good enough sun protection.
- it doesn’t have oil-control properties but this doesn’t oil me as much as the other bb creams i’ve tried.
- you can’t beat the price. it certainly delivers for a bb cream that costs P399. and it’s available in most watson’s branches, drug stores, supermarkets, or wherever there’s a maybelline counter.
this is how much i normally use whenever i go out. this amount doesn’t conceal my pimple marks but evens out my skin tone.
- it has a weird scent that i can’t place. it bothered me the first few times i applied it but then i got used to it. lol.
- it only has 2 available shades – 01 Natural and 02 Medium. if your skin color leans toward the darker end of the spectrum, you may find even the 02 Medium shade way lighter for you.
- while the consistency is runny, it can still be a bit difficult to spread without tugging. i use my fingers to apply and blend it on my face but i think a damp sponge or beauty blender would also work well.
one layer of maybelline super bb cream + super thin layer of powder on my t-zone. no concealer at all.
let me know what you think of this bb cream if you have tried it as well