i joined the belo sun expert bandwagon late. maybe because i have been loyal to my favorite sunblock for so long. then A posted on facebook about how much she loves the belo sun expert face sunscreen and curious cat that i am, bought a tube of it when i ran out of my current brand.
needless to say, i use the belo sunscreen every day and i will repurchase it. well, i think i will be faithful to it for a long time as it’s available locally and costs half the price of my previous sunblock which P still buys in the US whenever he travels.
now. it doesn’t hurt if along with the great sun protection, i get some nice tint as well so i don’t have to use two products anymore – a sunscreen + a bb cream or tinted moisturizer. usher in the new bb cream by belo annnnd i am all set.
the belo bb cream is from the hailed intensive whitening range. it instantly covers blemishes and imperfections as it works to intensively whiten skin. use along for a flawless no make-up look, or layer under your favorite foundation or powder.
tone correcting formula events out skin tone and leaves a flawless natural finish.
kojic acid + tranexamic acid whitens skin deeply and reduces the appearance of stubborn dark spots
spf 50 & PA++++ protects skin against age-accelerating UV rays
paraben-free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested.
kaith test drives it
i don’t use the bb cream daily when i only have to pick up the kids from school. i apply it when we have to go somewhere else after, like to the mall or supermarket.
the only available shade when i bought it in watson’s is medium to deep.
- it gives skin a natural, healthy glow. i just groom my eyebrows and swipe some lipstick then i’m all set to go.
- covers those light skin discolorations like sun spots.
- has spf 50 which is enough when you will only stay outdoors for an hour or two.
- the tube packaging can fit in most kikay kits so you can bring it anywhere and everywhere.
- product is easily dispensed in just the right amount. look ma, no mess!
- easily available. you can find this in almost all watson’s stores and supermarkets. some drug stores also have it on stock.
- price is P349.75, which is not so bad.
- dries fast so you have to be quick in blending it. texture also tugs a bit.
- the medium to deep shade is too light for those with morena skin tone. but in my case, since i am acidic, the shade deepens and matches my skin tone after 30 mins.
- doesn’t provide much coverage for scars and dark pimple marks so you have to add a layer of powder foundation if you want a flawless look.
- oils me up after an hour or two. it doesn’t say about oil control though so i guess this is a 50/50.
as for the whitening claim, i can’t say much about it since i don’t apply it religiously.
the belo bb cream is perfect for those sunny (and gloomy because you still need sun protection even when the sun is hiding behind the clouds!) days when you want a natural glow without slapping on layer after layer of sunblock + bb cream + foundation.