how do you explain a neglected blog? you don’t. you just fervently wish that your readers are still willing to forgive you and give you another chance.
of course, you can always post a new beauty review. one you’re sure they’ll love.
remember how i always said that the reason why i am loyal to mac, bobbi brown, estee lauder, and chanel is because they never chap my lips? i am glad to turn my back on this statement because this year, they have serious competition. something that surprised even my perpetually dry lips.
i am sure you’ve seen these mauve-colored bullets in all maybelline counters. i just hope you’ve given them a chance! if not, read this post very quickly and head to the nearest maybelline counter.
oh, i am talking about maybelline’s color sensational creamy matte lip color line which has been available some 48 years ago. lol.
Color Sensational® Creamy Matte Lip Color. Creamy matte-finish lip makeup available in gorgeous hues. Achieve beautiful-looking lips in just moments.
kaith test drives it
i have been droning on and on how i have steadily purged my makeup drawer since i went back to working from home sometime last year, and i am proud to say that i am down to the essentials – several lipsticks in must-have shades, a liquid foundation, two eyeshadow palettes, some blush and contour powders, etc. before this though, i ended up with only four or five (que horror, right) that i was left confused on what to use.
so one time i was in watsons (a happy place!), i found myself scanning my reliable drugstore brands – revlon, l’oreal, and maybelline. then my eyes settled on the creamy matte slogan. i more or less lean towards matte not only because they look more striking (for me, at least), but they also last a long time (brand-dependent though). i barely have the time to retouch when i am out so i need a good one which can survive a snack of squid balls and buco juice (my staple afternoon meal when i pick up the kids from school. tee hee).
maybelline was also on sale and each lipstick was priced at P199 instead of the usual P299! that time, i was on the hunt for a nice, every day lipstick. i have read enough raves about touch of spice so i asked the sales assistant for it. turned out that the rave was for real thus the high demand thus the out of stock status. all watsons in the mall i went to didn’t have it!
a week after though, i was in the downtown area and saw the watsons there. i know for a fact that since a lot of people go there for their meds and not really for the beauty stuff, they might have touch of spice. and they actually did!
a few weeks after, on a high because of how impressive the new matte lipstick turned out to be, i went ahead and bought my second tube – the vampy divine wine.
touch of spice on the left, divine wine on your right
– it is creamy and matte. i am used to matte lipsticks being a bit challenging to apply but this one? nah-ah. how do they say it? glides like a dream. it is soft and smooth and just wonderful to wear
– feels next to nothing. it is very lightweight and comfortable on the lips
– touch of spice stays on my lips for about four hours without eating, but fades (nicely!) after a meal. divine wine though, is something else. it lasts longer than the mlbb touch of spice and withstands a meal. maybe because it’s considerably darker.
– smells…flirty. am i the only one who likes a bit of scent on her lipsticks?
– the packaging is not so bad. it takes a bit more space than a mac bullet tube, but eh, can’t complain. it’s something you wouldn’t be embarrassed to take out in a public rest room
– P299 a pop is not bad at all! i am not sure if touch of spice is still hard to find but i know divine wine is easily available in all maybelline counters nationwide
touch of spice on top, divine wine on the bottom. both swiped twice.
– i honestly cannot think of anything that would deter me from buying another tube when i run out of either shade!
touch of spice on me.as you can see it’s a rosey mauve on me. such a perfect mlbb! please try your your best not to judge the state of my skin. i was breaking out like crazy when i took this photo. ugh.
divine wine. this burgundy/wine shade may be a tad darker than what you’re used to but it is very flattering
the creamy matte line has like, a lot, of colors to choose from. the nudes and the reds seem promising. so if you’re due for a new lipstick soon, head on to any maybelline counter and find your color